The McKees Rocks Community Development Corporation (MRCDC) invites you to “Jingle Bell Rocks” to celebrate the start of the holiday season with live entertainment and attractions on Wednesday, November 18 from 6-9 p.m.
“Jingle Bell Rocks will serve as a celebration for both Sto-Rox residents and an invitation to visitors from around the region to discover the new emerging downtown district of lower Chartiers Avenue,” said Taris Vrcek, MRCDC executive director.
This rebirth is symbolized by the completion of the first pilot project of MRCDC’s facade program, Hollowood Music & Sound’s storefront, facade, and reconstruction/installation of the store’s iconic guitar sign on its 50th anniversary. The sign is now displayed as founder Jim Hollowood, Sr. originally envisioned it.
New restaurants such as the New Orleans themed Rocks Landing will mingle with old favorites like Pierogies Plus and Fortunes Gourmet Coffee to provide a unique ‘taste of the Rocks’ while a number of great food trucks from around the region will fill out the food and beverage options for the evening.
There will be a lot of kid and family-friendly activities too including Pictures with Santa and Holiday Readings by Mrs. Claus.
Jingle Bell Rocks will take place on multiple locations along Chartiers Avenue. Don’t miss out on all the fun happening at Jingle Bell Rocks:
- Live Music Performances and Grand Lighting of the New Hollowood Music & Sound Facade and Sign at Hollowood Music & Sound, 601 Chartiers Avenue.
- Food and Beverages from Various Food Trucks and Local Vendors at the Roxian Commons, 507 Chartiers Avenue.
- Coffee and Hot Chocolate provided by Fortunes Gourmet Coffee, Pictures with Santa, Holiday Readings by Mrs. Claus at the Father Ryan Arts Center, 420 Chartiers Avenue.
- Horse and Carriage Rides at McKees Rocks Plaza, 418 Chartiers Avenue. This rides are sponsored by The Shoppes at Chartiers Crossing.
- Pictures with Elsa, the Snow Queen from Disney’s “Frozen” at The Father Ryan Arts Center.
- Caroling by Local Choirs and Bands on Main Street.