Release | Coro Pittsburgh
Are you looking for networking opportunities? Are you a future leader? Do you care deeply about McKees Rocks and Stowe? If so, drop by and learn more during upcoming open house-style meetings being offered by Coro Pittsburgh and see if becoming a Next Neighborhood Leader is for you.
Next Neighborhood Leaders is a 12-month, part-time training and networking opportunity for people who seek to learn and collaborate with others to make a positive change in their neighborhood. Next Leaders is open to those who work, live, or want to contribute to positive change, in McKees Rocks and Stowe.
By participating in NEXT Leaders, you will:
- Get to know others who are passionate about making positive change in your community
- Meet emerging leaders from your community and work together on a project in your community
- Participate in leadership training with peers from another community and learn from their experience
- Explore challenges and opportunities facing your community
- Receive mentoring and support while taking action to create positive community change
- Learn to build strong teams by leveraging people’s strengths
- Hone your skills in group facilitation
- Develop and execute a plan for your personal development as a leader
We are now recruiting for Next Neighborhood Leaders (Stowe Township and McKees Rocks)
Open House Session 1:
Thursday, November 17th, 2016. 5:30-9:30PM
Parkway Theatre (644 Broadway Ave. McKees Rocks, PA 15136)
Open House Session 2:
Saturday, November 19th, 2016. 9:00-4:00PM
McKees Rocks Municipal Building (340 Bell Ave. McKees Rocks, PA 15136)
Application Deadline: December 1st, 2016
NEXT Neighborhood Leaders develops the people and the networks that create positive change in Coro’s partner communities. Leadership development is a journey of action, reflection, and support. It takes time, commitment, and courage.
NEXT Neighborhood Leaders is designed to be both demanding and flexible. It is demanding in that it requires a willingness to listen to others, stretch yourself, and change behavior when needed. It is flexible in that one participates in stages, making small commitments at each step of the journey and taking breaks as needed. To begin, you simply need to commit to the first part of the journey.
We invite you to apply if you:
- Live, work, or want to make positive change, in McKees Rocks or Stowe
- Want to grow your social network
- Have an interest in discovering new ways to collaborate to make positive change
- Have a project or idea for positive community change that you would like to pursue.
Sessions for 2016 -17 will rotate between Stowe Township, McKees Rocks and the Coro Office.
The schedule includes:
- Thursday 11/17, 5:30pm-9:30pm, Parkway Theatre
- Saturday 11/19 9:00am-4:00pm, McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Thursday 12/1/16 5:30pm-9:30pm, Parkway Theatre
- Saturday 12/17/16 9:00am-4:00pm McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Thursday 1/5/17 5:30pm-9:30pm, Father Ryan Arts Center
- Saturday 1/21/17 9:00am-4:00pm McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Thursday 2/2/17 , 5:30pm-9:30pm, Father Ryan Arts Center
- Saturday 2/18/17 9:00am-4:00pm McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Thursday 3/3/17 5:30pm-9:30pm, McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Saturday 3/18/17 9:00am-4:00pm McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Thursday 3/30/17 5:30pm-9:30pm, McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Saturday 4/15/17 9:00am-4:00pm, McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Thursday 4/27/17, 5:30-9:30, McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Saturday 5/13/17 McKees Rocks Municipal Building
- Thursday 5/25/17 5:30-9:30, McKees Rocks Municipal Building
For more information, check out Coro Pittsburgh’s Next Neighborhood Leaders.
To apply, fill out this application form.