Salary: $17,500 to $26,000
Hours: 20 to 24 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends
Location: 611 Chartiers Ave., McKees Rocks, Pa.
The Development Coordinator will lead the fundraising and data management efforts designed to advance the mission of McKees Rocks Community Development Corporation and enhance the donor experience. Duties of this position include fundraising to allow the organization to obtain financial and other support to sustain its work, including planned, annual and deferred giving; approaches to individuals, foundations and corporations; grants and special events.
The successful applicant will:
- Educate the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and staff members in the systems, protocols and implementation techniques necessary to enhance the development program
- Create a multi-year development plan/strategy
- Launch Salsa crm and Salsa Engage for the organization: educate, train and mentor staff
- Develop and maintain donor and participant databases
- Lead fundraising strategy and efforts
- Cultivate major gift donor prospects and close major gifts
- Manage foundation/corporate relations, as well as, grant programs in conjunction with Executive Director and staff
- Participate in special events
- Monitor messaging and work with the staff to create messaging strategy for the organization through various communications efforts, including social media
The applicant will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience working at a nonprofit organization with demonstrated fundraising results
- Knowledge/use of Salsa crm and Salsa Engage
- Commitment to the best practices in nonprofit fundraising
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to generate passion in others about the organization’s mission
- The ability to lead others; be mission-driven and self-directed
- Demonstrate a collaborative, positive and ethical work style
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
MRCDC is a nonprofit community development group dedicated to facilitating commercial development, fostering neighborhood stabilization and growing community pride for McKees Rocks and Stowe Township.
Interested applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.